- Welcome to UploadBox.io, a file sharing and file viewing service.Throughout this document, the words “UploadBox,” “UploadBox.io,” “us,” “we,” and “our,” refer to us, UploadBox, Inc., our website, UploadBox.io, or our service, UploadBox, as is appropriate in the context of the use of the words. Likewise, the words “you” and “your” refer to you, the person who is being presented with this document for your agreement.
- Description of Service
- Eligibility UploadBox is a file sharing and viewing service that allows users to share files up to 100 MB in size for others to download or preview. A UploadBox user may upload any type of content to UploadBox (as long as it isn’t illegal, pornographic, or otherwise in violation of our rules).
- File Viewing UploadBox supports over 200 Supported Formats and allows users to preview their files online.
- Security and Deletion UploadBox itself does not delete files unless they infringe on someone’s copyright, or if we are otherwise required to do so by law.
In order to use our service, you must be thirteen years of age or older to use our service, regardless of whether you download or upload files. This is because our service may include the provision of materials which are restricted to minors. If your jurisdiction has a higher minimum age to share your information online, then you must be at least that age.
You must also be a natural person, though you may sign up, as a natural person, on behalf of a body corporate or other similar legal entity. If you register for an account on behalf of a third party, you must have the authority (such as general power of attorney or authorization from the executive authority for that third party) to bind it to this Agreement.
All of the information that you provide us, including your biographical data, contact information, and payment details, must be complete and accurate. You must create only one account unless you have received previous written authorization to the contrary from UploadBox, and that authorization has not been revoked. By using our service, you warrant that you have met all of the above eligibility criteria, and that you will indemnify us for any breach of this warranty.
- System outage, whether in whole or in part, and whether caused by a third party contractor such as our cloud computing provider, or caused by ourselves.
- Lost file links.
- Misdirected file links.
- Lost registration information.
- Failed e-mail, social media, or other methods of transmitting files.
- The viewing of material which you find offensive or inappropriate.
- Loss of business, revenue, or data.
- Any other damage, financial or otherwise, which you may incur.
- Server Maintenance
- UploadBox, its third party hosting provider, or any other party authorized by UploadBox may take action to maintain the servers provided by UploadBox. You agree that, without limiting the generality of any other provisions under this Agreement, UploadBox or authorized third parties are not liable in any way for such maintenance, nor any other server downtime or congestion which may affect the availability of files hosted at UploadBox.io
- Rules of Conduct
When using our site, you agree that you will not:
- Upload any unlawful files.
- Upload files which infringe or are alleged to infringe on anyone’s intellectual property rights, if such allegations are reasonable.
- Upload files which any party alleges are unlawful, if such allegations are reasonable.
- Upload files which, the possession, creation, or distribution of which constitutes an unlawful act, or which depict an unlawful act.
- Upload any material that is pornographic; provides instructions, aid, or otherwise facilitates illegal activities such as piracy, hacking, building explosives, or obtaining drugs; aids or abets unlawful activities; is considered a hate crime; is a violation of anyone’s privacy, whether legally or otherwise; or is a malicious file, such as viruses, malware, spyware, worms, or Trojans.
- Hack, crack, phish, SQL inject, or otherwise interfere with the integrity of the computer systems of our Site, Service, or Users.
- Reverse or attempt to reverse engineer our code, regardless of whether your intent is to recreate our code or simply use your access to our service to copy the operations of our service by using a similar algorithm.
- Run any bots to aggregate our content, including but not limited to our files or file descriptions.
- Infringe on anyone’s intellectual property rights.
- Defame anyone.
- Defraud, mislead, or otherwise act dishonestly.
- Otherwise act in a manner which, at UploadBox’s sole discretion, is objectionable, or which may bring UploadBox into disrepute.
- Violation of these or any other provisions of our Agreement may result in the immediate termination of your account and/or the removal of any infringing files. We are not responsible for any loss which may result from such termination and/or removal.
- UploadBox’s Copyright & Trademark
You agree not to copy, distribute, display, disseminate, or otherwise reproduce any of the information on our website, or our website itself, without our prior written permission. This includes, but is not limited to, copying content (whether or not we own the full rights to it, as copying it still harms our network capacity), and copying file descriptions. The obvious exception to this is that you may download files provided by another user if it is lawful to do so.
Additionally, “UploadBox” is a trademark used by us, UploadBox, to uniquely identify our website, business, and service. You agree not to use this phrase anywhere without our prior written consent. Additionally, you agree not to use our trade dress, or copy the look and feel of our website or its design, without our prior written consent. You agree that this paragraph goes beyond the governing law on intellectual property law, and includes prohibitions on any competition that violates the provisions of this paragraph.
- Your Copyright
UploadBox does not require that you transfer any ownership of your file’s copyright to us. However, UploadBox is a file sharing service. Because of this, we must ensure that all content uploaded to us may be used legally by us without having to remove it at a later date due to a revocation of license by the uploading user, or a copyright complaint by the rightful owner. Therefore, by uploading any content to our site, you agree that you grant us a universal, perpetual, sublicensable, commercial and non-commercial, conditionally revocable license to use such content, and that you represent to us that you have the right to grant such a license. The condition on the revocability of this license is that in order to revoke, you must follow UploadBox’s procedures to delete your file from our servers, and allow for a reasonable period of time for UploadBox’s servers to remove it. You agree to indemnify us as well as any third party affected by your wrongful representations if you should represent falsely that you have the right to grant this license.
Please note that this license is used solely to give UploadBox the right to host material; we do not actively control what material appears on our website and are not liable for any infringement by our third party users. Individuals alleging copyright infringement by a user may use our DMCA provisions described below.
- File Storage
File storage will generally be provided indefinitely. UploadBox does, however, reserve the right to establish deadlines, including deadlines established ex post facto in relation to an uploaded file, which permit us to delete the file sooner, or deny a user the ability to upload a file in the first place.
UploadBox may also delete files for legal reasons, without providing notice or a right of redress, including but not limited to cases involving alleged copyright infringement. We may engage in such deletions regardless of whether we have received a valid notice (such as a DMCA notice) where we believe that a prima facie case has been established for whatever legal wrong complained about.
You hereby waive UploadBox from any liability in regards to the deletion of files or the inability to upload files.
- Revocation of Consent
Where UploadBox has given prior written consent for your use of our protected material in accordance with our above “Copyright” and “Trademarks” provisions, we may revoke that consent at any time. If we so request, we may require that you immediately take action to remove from circulation, display, publication, or other dissemination, any of the marks, copyrighted content, or other materials that we previously consented for you to use.
- DMCA Notices
In order to understand the DMCA and some of the policy lines it draws, it's perhaps helpful to consider life before it was enacted.
Before the DMCA, an Internet-based service provider like UploadBox could be liable for copyright infringement in the United States just for hosting its users' pictures, music, videos or code. This was true even if it had no actual knowledge of any infringing content. This was a problem, since even a single claim of copyright infringement can carry statutory damages of up to $150,000. With potential damages that high multiplied across millions of users, cloud-computing and user-generated content sites like YouTube, Facebook or UploadBox probably never would have existed (or at least not without passing some of that cost downstream to their users).
The DMCA attempted to fix this problem by creating a so-called copyright liability "safe harbor" for internet service providers hosting allegedly infringing user-generated content. (See U.S. Code, Title 17, Section 512.) Essentially, so long as a service provider follows the DMCA's notice-and-takedown rules, it won't be liable for copyright infringement based on user-generated content. Because of this it is important for UploadBox to maintain its DMCA safe-harbor status.
If you believe that your copyright has been infringed, please send us a message which contains:
- Your complete legal name.
- The name,description and link of the work that is being infringed.
- The reason which you believe that your provided link is infringed.
- The location on our website of the infringing copy.
- You must sign this notification and send it to our Copyright Agent at
Please report any violations of this Agreement or other unlawful acts or abuse, including but not limited to prohibited content, to .
Our service is provided for free, on an as-is basis. We provide no assurances as to the reliability of our service, and although we strive to keep our service reliable, you should not treat it as such, especially if you are dependent on your files being available. You hereby waive us from any liability for any damage to persons, property, financial states, or other losses.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you release UploadBox from any liability regarding:
Last Modified: Jun 19, 2015.